I decided to try a foraging idea from Fids Love Toys called the Foraging Bucket. I call it the Mini Foraging Bucket because it reminds me of those large stainless steel buckets that parrot owners usually get for foraging, except that it’s a much smaller version. I thought that it was a clever idea to use those ketchup cups for the bucket, since they are easy and fun to shred for your birds. Here is my attempt at making one:
And this is how I made it:
STEP ONE: Get the Materials
- Small Ketchup Cup – that fast food restaurants use.
- Beads (I use 12, putting 6 on each string)
- String (I used Hemp Twine)
- Clip – for hanging on cage.
STEP TWO: Put it Together!
- Poke two little holes on opposite sides of the ketchup cup.
- Cut a string off that is about 6 inches long. (For extra room in case of mistakes.)
- Put a string through one side of the cup and knot.
- String on 6 beads, of your choice.
- Tie the clip on tightly in the middle.
- String on the rest of the beads.
- Put the string through the other side of the hole and knot tightly.
- Place your birds favorite treat inside and/or other items to make it fun to forage through.
STEP THREE: Put it in the cage, and Ta-DA!